What is the Reward and Recognition scheme?
Similar to many volunteer organisations, we are encountering difficulty in attracting as many officials as we would like to some of our events. Events such as the Clipsal 500 are no difficulty due to their high profile. However, in order to facilitate the training of our members and to provide the number of marshals whom we believe to be essential to ensure safe racing and fair competition, we have considered a number of initiatives to assist us to increase the attendance of our members. In doing that, we appreciate that there are many reasons why people find volunteering more difficult now than in the past, economic circumstances, family commitments etc.
One of those initiatives that we feel offers a distinct possibility of success is an Reward and Recognition Scheme. It will be a simple scheme, based on a point’s allocation for attendance, with a bias towards the events at Mallala.
The Reward and Recognition Scheme will simply reward members for their contribution. Of course, to work, we would like to offer some rewards to those who make a substantial contribution during the year, even if the rewards are quite nominal.
Progress “scores” are published in our Monthly Newsletter, which receives wide circulation throughout the motor racing fraternity in this State, and of course would include a reference to people or organizations that donate something towards our scheme.
Presentations will be made annually. Acknowledgement of people or organisations who make a donation will be an integral part of the presentations.
Reward and Recognition Scheme Rules
- The Incentive Scheme will run from the 1st of July and end on June 30th.
- Members of the T&CC and the EXECUTIVE committee will NOT BE EXCLUDED from this Scheme.
- Members have to be financial before the 30th of October to accredit points. Points will not be awarded retrospectively.
- New Members who join SAMROA after this date are eligible for points.
- The number of rewards donated dictates the number of people to receive them.
- A minimum of 4 Superkart meetings must be worked to be eligible for the Incentive Scheme.
- Points will only be awarded for positions at race meetings SAMROA is asked to supply officials for.
- Points will NOT BE ALLOCATED to the following events: F1 AGP, Bathurst, Indy, Clipsal 500 and other similar major events.
- The committee reserves the right to add or amend these rules as they see fit.
- NO DISCUSSION TO BE ENTERED INTO AND THE COMMITTEE’S DECISION IS FINAL.
How points are Calculated
The method used to calculate points are quite simple, and they are as follows:
- 3 points for working at a Superkart meeting
- 1 point for each day of attendance at any other event